“Am I eligible for a scholarship from the Flemish Community?”
“When can I receive child benefits in Belgium?”
“Can I work more than 475 hours as a student?”
“Do I have to pay taxes in Belgium as a student?”

With this website, we want to give you some basic information on your social status as a student in Belgium and on a number of different topics that seem to be frequently asked questions among international students.

It is not the purpose nor the goal to explain the legislation in detail on this website.

In the left column you will find the links to the different subjects. For more information you can contact the Social Services’ office of your campus/Office for Student Affairs of your higher education institution.

This website is a cooperation of the Social Services’ Offices/Student Services of all university colleges and universities in Flanders with the support of: