Income taxes

In April or May, international students who are registered in the foreigner’s register at the city hall will most likely receive a tax form from the Federal Public Service Finance.
This individual income tax return relates to the income of the previous calendar year.
You have to file this tax return, even if you did not work in Belgium and as such did not earn an income in Belgium or if your income is well below the taxable amount.

Note! In case you will leave Belgium before the tax form has arrived and you expect a tax refund, you should contact the local tax office and ask for a form that will permit you to declare your income in advance.

More information