Student employment

As a student you can work throughout the academic year. There are, however, different rules for the employment if you are a National of the European Economic Area (EEA) or not. A work permit is not required and will, therefore, not be issued separately. Bear in mind that studying must always be the main occupation of someone who works as a student employee.

If you work (as a student), there can be consequences for your social security contributions and for the taxes.

And what about those 475 hours almost every employer is referring to?

In general you must be employed with a student employment contract.
If you work without a contract, this is often a job as a self-employed person. Be aware that this involves many hidden costs and complicated formalities.

More information